cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dynamic xconf try to open non-existing files (bug?)
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:50:21 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

<snip/>

> I think your ideas lead into the right direction! Though I think we
> should agree on a feature freeze *now* and release ASAP.

Although I also would like a stable 2.2 right now ;), I don't think that
is the way things work.  Now one seem to have the itch to finish cForms
or VPCs at the moment while Carsten (and others) seem to spend
considerable energy in improving the core and the configurations. IMO we
could start releasing 2.2 when Carsten have achived his current goals
with the kernel (whatever they might be ;) ) or runs out of steam.

I don't think feature freezing is the right thing to do when we have a
lot of inertia.

Having said that I would like to do something about the VPCs, but I
haven't researched the current implementation enough to know if it is
straight forward or if it requires considerable refactoring of the
sitemap engine and the environment handling.

> Then we can continue the discussions about blocks - maybe at a special
> blocks hackaton :-).

+1

/Daniel