cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Real blocks - What have we reached so far?
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:39:07 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> <SNIP/>

There is one question we have to ask ourselves: what is the target
release for real blocks? I think we agreed that it is *not* 2.2, so I'm
not sure if we should introduce the blocks.xml in 2.2. I see the
potential danger that this is a signal to introduce blocks in 2.2
already and then this might delay a first release of 2.2 for a long time.
So imho we should discuss what we want for 2.2 as a milestone to real
blocks.
Of course if someone has plenty of time and is able to implement real
blocks into 2.2 now, I'm not against it.

> If we all had time for a three-days-hackaton, things could get very far
> ... *sick*. Anybody interested in joining the party?
> (I proposed this about 14 months ago and Stefano convinced me, that it
> would need more time to find out what we want. Looking at my summary
> above, I thing that we know it pretty well in the meantime.)
I really liked that idea 14 months ago and I still think it's a good
one; Even if we don't know every detail of what we want, we can find an
answer during the "party" - or even later on. So, count me in ;)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/