cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dynamic xconf try to open non-existing files (bug?)
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:29:46 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> What I would like to see is something like this:
>
> 1) src/block/*/block.xml
>
> that contains something as simple as
>
>  <block name="a">
>   <depends-on block="b"/>
>   <depends-on block="c"/>
>  </block>
>
> 2) this info used by cocoon at startup time (NOT COMPILE TIME!) to drive
> the xconf imports.
>
> How hard can that be!?!

Go ahead :)

Seriously: imho we have too many places that have to be maintained with
such a solution: you have to update gump.xml and this block.xml. I think
one of the two locations should simply be enough and we can generate the
other one.
So, do we want to generate gump.xml (or parts of it) out of the
block.xml or otherwise?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/