cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dynamic xconf try to open non-existing files (bug?)
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:16:45 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> The include features in xconf allows to very simply add or remove a
> block by just moving files around. I would like to keep this simplicity
> and avoid by all means to go back to some build-time generation of these
> files like we have today with xpatch in 2.1.
Sure, I just committed the new stuff: we still have single xconf files
per block, so you can remove/add them. With the exception that during
build time the dependencies are added to these files.

Ah, now I see your point: removing them works, but adding not as the
dependencies are not set then.
Ok, what do you think about providing a separate ant target, that
maintains the includes in the xconf files for each block (directly in
the src directory)? We already create the blocks.properties files out of
gump.xml, so we could inject the include statement there as well.
This would allow add/remove without any problems again - I think I will
have some time tomorrow to change this.

> There aren't that much inter-block dependencies, and I don't have the
> feeling hand maintaining them is really complicated.
Hmm, it is - while doing the changes I found several includes that were
already outdated!

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/