cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dynamic xconf try to open non-existing files (bug?)
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:07:43 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Hi:
>> I updated SVN today. While trying to start the servlet with a small
>> selection of block, the servlet reject to start with this error:
>> /home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.2/build/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-velocity.xconf
>> (No such file or directory)
>> I included the velocity block and now the error is:
>> /home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.2/build/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-javaflow.xconf
>> (No such file or directory)
>> Seems like the servlet try to open .xconf files of blocks not
>> included in
>> the build.
> I was just looking at that: the block .xconf file now explicitly
> import the configurations they depend on.
> This now requires people to religiously add all the dependencies for
> all the blocks they import, even if such dependencies are used by
> their samples.

There are separate xconf files for components needed/defined by samples.
If some dependency on another block is just because of samples, then the
corresponding include must go in that sample's xconf and not into the
block's xconf.

BTW, I noticed that the "cocoon-xxx-samples.xconf" were renamed to
"cocoon-xxx.samplesxconf". These are regular xconf files, and I don't
see the need for a different file suffix. Furthermore, this requires to
add yet another file association in tools.

If the purpose is to have a separate include statement for them in the
main cocoon.xconf, then it would be better IMO to place them in a
separate directory, such as xconf/samples and then <include
dir="xconf/samples" pattern="*.xconf"/>.

This could even allow the "pattern" attribute be optional and default to