cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dynamic xconf try to open non-existing files (bug?)
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:59:55 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>> The more it think about this, the more I believe that <imports>
>> should not be done explicitly but implicitly, based on some
>> aggregated dependency information (for example, the blocks should
>> have their block descriptor block.xml and include the dependency
>> information there)
>>
> I think this is not too hard to do: a simple ant task that copies the
> xconf for a block into the xconf directory and adds all include
> statements.
>
> If I have time, I will look into that this weekend, but can't promise
> anything :)

The include features in xconf allows to very simply add or remove a
block by just moving files around. I would like to keep this simplicity
and avoid by all means to go back to some build-time generation of these
files like we have today with xpatch in 2.1

There aren't that much inter-block dependencies, and I don't have the
feeling hand maintaining them is really complicated.

Sylvain