cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dynamic xconf try to open non-existing files (bug?)
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:44:16 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I updated SVN today. While trying to start the servlet with a small
> selection of block, the servlet reject to start with this error:
>
> /home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.2/build/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-velocity.xconf
> (No such file or directory)
>
> I included the velocity block and now the error is:
>
> /home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.2/build/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/cocoon-javaflow.xconf
> (No such file or directory)
>
> Seems like the servlet try to open .xconf files of blocks not included in
> the build.

I was just looking at that: the block .xconf file now explicitly import
the configurations they depend on.

This now requires people to religiously add all the dependencies for all
the blocks they import, even if such dependencies are used by their samples.

The more it think about this, the more I believe that <imports> should
not be done explicitly but implicitly, based on some aggregated
dependency information (for example, the blocks should have their block
descriptor block.xml and include the dependency information there)

This will very well be a great transition phase (but still incremental!)
for a more 'real' block system.

--
Stefano.