cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [rant] am I the only one that thinks that our logging defaults are completely bogus?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:22:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I really think that having one log channel with one log configuration
> file and one log level would be just fine. People might decide to tune
> it later, if they need and don't use the 'tail|grep' filtering tecnique
> (or log4j chainsaw kindatools, which work the same way)

I mostly agree - I usually use two log files: one for the core and one
for the portal block. Now with the include mechanism we have in 2.2,
adding an own category is just dropping a file into the directory, so
yes, just defining one category per default looks good to me.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/