cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Remove dependencies to XSP
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:13:13 GMT
We some blocks that depend on XSP just because they provide some
logigsheets (session, databases etc.), so as soon as you want to use
them you *have* to include XSP although you don't use it at all.

We discussed this already, but didn't change anything :(
I see two solutions:
1) either move all xsp related stuff into the xsp block and then the xsp
block depends on other blocks.
2) create two blocks for each block that supports xsp: for example a
databases and a databases-xsp block. Obviously the first one contains
the block without logigsheets and is free of XSP and the second one just
contains all the XSP stuff, depends on the databases and the XSP block.
Et voila.

Leaving it the way it is is really annoying.

WDYT?

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/