cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r149408 - in cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src: deprecated/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/ java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/ java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/wrapper/ webapp/samples/test/pass-through/
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:26:52 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: sylvain
>> Date: Tue Feb  1 07:43:40 2005
>> New Revision: 149408
>>
>>      /**
>> -     * Remove attribute from the current instance, as well as from the
>> -     * wrapped environment.
>> +     * Remove attribute from the current instance.
>>       *
>>       * @param name a <code>String</code> value
>>       */
>>      public void removeAttribute(String name) {
>>          super.removeAttribute(name);
>> -        this.environment.removeAttribute(name);
>>      }
>>

> Hmm, isn't this an incompatible change? Ok, I always thought that the
> implementation was not the way one would expect, but we shouldn't imho
> introduce such changes during maintenance releases. I'm fine with
> changing this for 2.2.

I tracked down all uses of removeAttribute in the code base (there are
really few):
- ActionSetNode.call : the previous implementation could lead to bugs
when an action-set was calling a cocoon: that itself uses an action-set
- MountNode.invoke : same bug if a pass-through calls a cocoon: that has
a pass-through
- CocoonComponentManager.leaveEnvironment : called only when env stack
is empty, meaning we aren't in a wrapped environment

So this change actually fixes some bugs ;-)

Now my changes in pass-through handling aren't finished, as I found some
cases where it breaks. Working on it...

Sylvain