cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:29:23 GMT
> What are the exact reasons you don't like a source
> distribution?

If I were working on my own then there's not a huge problem, but this
isn't the case. There are several agencies involved and the usual
political difficulties when changing things like build files and
versions.  Someone walking into this to do a request fix. but has no
previous knowledge of the application gets bogged down, having to
understand that cocoon needs building, the build scripts have grown in
complication to the point of being unmaintainable.

Being able to have a cocoon based project, define the dependencies in
the project.xml (or even an ant build file) build your source code and
webapp resources into a war, would be a huge step in the right
direction. Its the little things that count.Someone on the original
thread mentioned the classic ./configure;make with
./build.sh;:/cocoon.sh , isn't that the point?

Mark