cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:08:35 GMT
Message is that even if I'm okay, past fustration barriers and so on,
its a bigger problem than just me understanding whats going on. You're
a trainer, you must have come across these problems. Yes so far I've
needed to dig through the source to see whats going on, despite trying
to blackbox cocoon and use it as a framework.

The reference to building a struts-spring-hibernate project was to
simply illustrate that there ways of being able to get folk in and
coding quickly, able to work on different parts of a system, without
understanding all the parts, and without requiring to compile the
framework itself.

Perhaps a jvm version number with the archieve id would be a way of
getting around this. I'd like to understand this incompatability
between 1.3 and 1.4 with jvm versions and how other projects manage
this. My guess is that the problem would be with one of the
dependencies rather than the cocoon source. The thread seems to be a
general discussion on how its okay to expect folk wanting to edit html
shouldn't mind compiling the framework s/he is hoping to use, with
little to no mention of the real problem (where the incompatability
is).

Mark