cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:53:31 GMT
I pretty much use maven.xml much like a build.xml and have hadn't any
real issues, you don't even need to use the ant tags namespace.

Its not a question of maven, the problem I'm trying to get around is a
checkout and build style build with no additional hoops to jump
through. I know you guys seem to think that cocoon is in someway a
better kettle of fish to struts, but checkout struts out of cvs and
build "look no hoops!!!". The "don't let you friends commit to
projects" or something to that effect I noticed on this list was
frankly laughable.

Ant or maven cocoon needs building from source, rather than describe
this as a bug with cocoon, you say its nothing to do with you and just
define another hoop.

Ant or maven the first step would be to have the dependencies for a
release builds available on a maven style repository. Then the src of
cocoon could be compiled against that, at the very least when the
ant/maven file downloads the source it could be just the source and
not a bunch of jar files in CVS.

I'll investigate further and see if I can get some time to submit each
of the dependencies to ibiblio. Basically I want to get the
hoop-jumping down to pointing to the cocoon source and build (a
project with a standard directory struture).

Mark