cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: FOM inconsistency (was Re: [VOTE] Unrestricting the FOM)
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:17:17 GMT
On Jue, 10 de Febrero de 2005, 7:51, Sylvain Wallez dijo:

>>Sorry for peecking into this post but till today I thought
>>cocoon.request.blah was a normal call, and seemed quite natural ;) in a
>>users perspective. I do use it massively.
>>
>>So the correct way of doing this would be
>>cocoon.request.getParameter("blah") then ?
>>

> Exactly. Don't know yet how/if parameters will be available as
> properties in the future, but for sure cocoon.request.getParameter()
> will always work.
>
>>before it blows off with 2.2
>>

> Poof :-)

What a big poof! It reached 2.1.7-dev!!! ;-)

I found time to update the SVN version and an application that works fine
using the lastest SVN version seems to be broken.

I added 2 lines in javascript flow code for test:

cocoon.log.error("name=" + cocoon.request.name);
cocoon.log.error("name=" + cocoon.request.getParameter("name"));

And the result is:

name=undefined
name=antonio

Then the original "cocoon.request.name" is not working anymore. It was
simply a very big poof! ;-)

Seriously, can you review the change just to deprecate it. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo