cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Maven-based builds (was [heads-up] Block builder available)
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:08:31 GMT
On Mar, 22 de Febrero de 2005, 17:50, Ralph Goers dijo:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>

>> Aehm... I thought the deal was: if someone comes up with a good
>> alternative we can discuss it. ...wish is not what I would call
>> "voted down". ...or am I mistaken?
>>
>> cheers
>> --
>> Torsten
>

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108543355819355&w=2
>
> When the topic is specifically discussed and voted upon and gets no +1
> votes and gets 5 -1 votes (Stefano, btw - contrary to his memory, did
> not vote no - he just didn't vote +1), I don't see the point in spending
> effort on it.  This has not been the only discussion on maven here and
> it has seemed in the past that there was strong resistance against it.
> So if there are committers who are totally opposed to maven, I really
> don't want to engage in a waste of time.

Reading again the refered thread seems to me that there where more
questions than answer and no real concerns on the thread. I cannot find a
true real reason to NOT use maven.

As I told before, people mature and things changes over the time. Perhaps
now, that we are closer to real blocks, we can now give a try to maven.
Now, I can add a new +1 to maven: "better jars repo management". I thought
again in that and now I believe maven could help us here too. ;-)

All in all, I guess other people will like to see some simple demo in a
block before going to a vote.

Ralph, please write a maven build file for one of the new moved blocks and
show us the light! ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo