cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: cocoon-reload bug
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:24:45 GMT
On Mar, 15 de Febrero de 2005, 3:58, Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> latest checkout from 2.2, turn "allow-reload" true in web.xml and when
I hit a page with 'cocoon-reload=true' I get an IllegalStateException:

>>   The cocoon-ehcache-4 Cache is not alive.
>>
>> which goes away as soon as I reload it.
>>
>> I can't be the only one hitting this.... how do you guys develop on
cocoon without reloading?

> I hit this also a few weeks ago and invistaged a bit: the problem comes
from EH's CacheManager which is a singleton that holds all caches (only
one for Cocoon). When Cocoon is reloaded, CacheManager.shutdown() [1] is
called which invalidates the cache instance. I suspect a race condition
where the cache is still used when shutdown() has already been called.

> I hadn't time to investigate further though.

I had another problem too. If in the same machine you run cocoon inside
tomcat and then try to run jetty (using cocoon.sh) then jetty don't start.

BTW, seems like JCS already fixed the big bug they had. I can update JCS
jar and perhaps we can try to switch back to JCS.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.