cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Linden H van der (MI)" <H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl>
Subject RE: [docs] Publication infrastructure and actions
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:25:53 GMT
Hi,

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> > time until it is ready to use. But having a virtual server
> is a strong
> > argument for using Daisy as it could be used without
> modifications and the
> > next release will contain "Daisy books" to create offline docs (see
> > http://cocoondev.org/daisy/future/future.html)
> >
> > >We really should be talking about this on cocoon-dev so
> that it can
> > >be referred to later. Personal discussions are inefficient.
> >
> > Right, moving the discussion over to cocoon-dev.

Silently lurking and admiring all the hard work, I can only strongly
support this suggestion. We're running Daisy here for similar reasons
and it works very well.
On the other hand, I've tried my hand at a doc as you've described in
various Wiki pages and it confirms what I've always said: it's too much
hassle if you just want to do a quick moment of writing. By the time I
have figured out what to check out, how to add and then provide patches
in Bugzilla, my time is up.

In short, I welcome any approach that reduces startup/shutdown time and
makes contribution to the documentation easier.

Bye, Helma