cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Towards a unified scripted object model (was Re: JS versus Java)
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 06:29:02 GMT
Le 28 févr. 05, à 23:47, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
> ...have you read the end of [1] where I suggest to use JS as the only
> scripting language and eventually introduce specialized languages such
> as XPath using some additional top-level functions?..

I haven't been following all of this discussion but this sounds right:
now that the Rhino licensing issue is solved, basing more stuff on it
or on a similar syntax makes a lot of sense, in order to reduce the
number of tools that one must learn.

> ...scripted languages have a drawback of their scripted nature, as
> there's no IDE or compiler warning about deprecated features...

But your (IIRC) idea of using a "deprecation logger" with big scary
warnings would help here.

-Bertrand