cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The Silkworm Experiment
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:24:48 GMT
On Thursday 24 February 2005 09:03, Paul Russell wrote:

> Maybe I'll continue experimenting with it in my own time -- worst
> case, I waste my own time, best case, something useful comes out of
> it, and then everyone benefits. That okay with people? I'll keep it
> out of the way of here though to avoid distracting people (unless it
> turns out to be worthwhile, obviously).

Cool.
If you want a little bit of 'peer review', and some infrastructure both in
form of subversion as well as 'real-block capable container', you are most
welcome over at Digital Product Meta Library.

Metro is the forked Avalon Merlin, which even Stefano said "should be used in
Cocoon, but not politically acceptable".
I also think that both Transit (Resource Management system) and Magic (build
system) will help you a lot. Also, the community is pretty keen on getting
people going effectively, and a lot of time is spent to make sure you get on
your way, via mailing lists, IRC as well as ICQ directly with the developers.

Another interesting aspect, is that you could choose to complete ignore the
Cocoon legacy, and start totally afresh.

Committership is granted frivilously...

If not interested, well then still I wish you the best and hope to hear a bit
of the progress every now and then.

Cheers
Niclas