cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] How scripting made me hate java
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2005 06:24:10 GMT
On Sunday 20 February 2005 04:58, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> > But if I have to discuss each and every feature with 20 people -
> > everyone having it's own ideas - I'm most times blocked: 5 people like
> > the idea, 3 people don't like the idea and so you're doomed.
>
> I strongly disagree with your point of view: it's bad to do things on
> your own and then inform people of what you do when it's finished and
> committed.

End of the day, Carsten does what he likes. It is his choice whether community
feedback 'a priori' will help (views overlooked, possible unthought of
incompatibilities, and so on) or hinder (never coming to a timely conclusion)
his progress.

I'd rather see Carsten being enthusiastically hacking about in the code than
being sick and tired of debates, with a potential risk of "I give up." (God
forbid).

Cheers
Niclas