cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: IntelliJ Open Source developer's license
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 06:39:19 GMT
On Wednesday 09 February 2005 04:28, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I'm wondering if there are many such "pure" open source developers who
> never write a line of commercial code, or if people are really going to
> switch to another environment when they do commercial (or just company
> internal) work ;-)

Isn't this the whole purpose from JetBrains' PoV? Commercial developers should
have no problems to *afford* IDEA (stingyness is a different topic not
covered)...

Btw, 'commercial code' and 'open source' are not mutually exclusive either,
but I think most people get what you are referring to.

Cheers
Niclas

P.S. I love this idea, as they now can give Eclipse some serious run for
"money" ;o)