cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: Version $Id$ style for xml files (Was: SVN behaviour with "Id" keyword)
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:48:13 GMT
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:20:10PM -0800, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Tim Larson wrote:
>
> >As part of my effort to keep whiteboard/forms mergeable,
> >
> >I am fixing a bunch of Id's and ran across a minor issue.
> >How do we want to mark the version in xml files?  There
> >is quite a variety+possibilities:
<snip/>
> I only see one choice that is within a comment. How do the others keep
> from breaking the document?

The others are all in comments such as:
  <!--
    Blaw, blaw, blaw
    Foo $Id$
  -->
I just included the comment delimiters for the one example
to show that in some documents the comments have extra
decoration (the ascii-art +---+ stuff.)

> I would use
>
> <!--+
>      |   SVN $Id: $
>      +-->

I personally do not like including a reference to the
revision control system, especially since we have already
experienced the data moving from one rcs system to another,
invalidating all the "CVS" comments.  FWIW, I fully expect
another move in the future (not yet, don't get worried.)

--Tim Larson