cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependencies
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:41:03 GMT
Le 22 févr. 05, à 22:50, Mark Lowe a écrit :

> ...Folks developing java webapps, expect to have jar files they need to
> stick in WEB-INF/lib deploy to a container such as tomcat and run the
> thing...

This is *one* way of doing things, and maybe unfortunately for you not
the best supported by Cocoon as it stands today.

As Giacomo and others outlined, you have to realize that Cocoon is used
and deployed in many different ways. He's talking about using custom
Maven plugin, and at the other end of the spectrum I have some
production systems which are started by an ant script building and
starting the thing, almost identical to my development setup. Others
build and deploy war files.

As you're noticing, you need more upfront investment to start with
Cocoon than with other apparently comparable frameworks. It will be
worth it if you need the flexibility and power, if not it might be too
much.

-Bertrand (glad that your recent weblog post about this is gone BTW)