cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hugo Burm" <hu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject RE: IntelliJ Open Source developer's license
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:17:32 GMT
Hello Ralph,

Can you comment on how you debug Cocoon with IDEA (isn't IntelliJ/Jetbrains
the name of the company?)? Can you set breakpoints and step through  the
code?
Just for your reference, this is how I debug a Cocoon block:
Have to do this one time:
- Build the whole Cocoon thing with Ant (the default build) and deploy it.
- Remove the jar of the block from WEB-INF/lib
- Create an IDEA project, set the src dir to the src dir of the block. Set
the output dir to WEB-INF/classes.
And repeat this many times:
- Modify some code . Add some print statements
- Compile
- Restart the container (Tomcat)
- Test the result in a browser (and check the print statements)

This is brain damaged (debugging source code with print statements while we
are living in 2005). So any comments on how I can improve this workflow is
appreciated.

Hugo Burm, also a big fan of IDEA by the way

BTW, I bought a personal license for IDEA. IntelliJ/Jetbrains offer these
licenses mostly during a short period at 50%.