cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hugo Burm" <hu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject RE: [RT] How scripting made me hate java
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:34:12 GMT

A few days ago there was a thread titled "IntelliJ Open Source developer's
license". In this thread Ralph Goers, Sylvain Wallez,  and  Stavros Gounis
explained how they put their environments (resp. Intellij IDEA, Eclipse, and
NetBeans) into debugging mode  for various levels of Cocoon debugging. They
all three say it is easy in their environment. But when you read the
instructions, they appear far from trivial. This info should make it to the
Wiki. Especially because the topic of the thread does not cover this info.

Comparing debugging an interpreted scripting language versus debugging a
compiled language with "printf statements", I think being able to step
through the code and set breakpoints is a minimal requirement for the
compiled language.

Hugo Burm