cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From BURGHARD Éric <eric.burgh...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: servicemanager and jxtg (was: WishFull thinking JX and SessionContext Authentication)
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:19:35 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> BURGHARD Éric wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> What about giving access to the servicemanager inside jxtg. We could add,
>> that way, various macros to access components directly (authentication,
>> sourceresolver, session, ...).
>>
>> regards
>>
> I think you're trying to break SoC here. Why don't you access the
> components from flow?

I don't think so.

If define some macros (say <get-session context=""/> in which i play with
component manager, i could then import this macro in my template and do
<jx:set var="authentification"><get-session
context="authentication"/></jx:set>

Sylvain's jx macro for cforms works quite the same way.

I didn't want to go through flow if it's only for passing some parameters to
a unique SendPage. Pipeline is much more readeable if you can see directly
which jx is used instead of going through your flow watch your sendpage, go
back to the sitemap and search for the pipeline, even with naming
convention between pipeline names, functions names and jx names).

But its true that when jxtg (waiting for 2.0) will provide better access to
cocoon environment, there will be no need for that for the common cases.

Regards