cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From BURGHARD √Čric <eric.burgh...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: xml languages
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:24:48 GMT

> This has also been discussed in detail:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104998241710064&w=2
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=105178436429214&w=2

thanks a lot for all theses informations, and forgive me for not doing such
an extensive search myself :-)

> Might be, and I argued for both the XSLT and Yelly solution before, but
> I have changed my mind as it wasn't that easy in practice.

yeah, that's right. The best solutions seems to be the less achievable. I
don't want to throw oil on fire if this is such a touchy subject. I'm quite
happy with jxtemplate (apart 3 or 4 weird behaviors) and i'm quite
realistic about our job on xml too (learn another dialect every week and
waiting for the one :-)...

Anyway i don't know enough about the different architectures, to speak
smartly, but just didn't see why this was possible with jxtg and not with
jelly/xslt. Not so easy is a kind of "try it yourself", but i trust you,
and i appreciate that you answer my question ;-)

> /Daniel

thanks.

regards