cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Cocoon documentation system
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:22:45 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> At http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonDocumentationSystem I propose the
> architecture of a new extensible documentation system.

I am *strongly* in favor of plain html as a source, as Forrest renders
it nicely; the Incubator website is now all using html as a source format.

Also, I don't see the need for a separate metadata file, which would
duplicate stuff that is in SVN and in the source file.

Comment file handling can be added as a Forrest plugin; I prefer it
separate because in fact it *is* separate. Maybe putting the comments in
a doc.comments directory, with each a separate html file would be nice.

I added my comments to the Wiki BTW.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -