cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Importing libraries from ibiblio
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:54:07 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> What that means is that we can create the list of jars to download from
> our jars.xml or the gump descriptor, and have them automatically
> downloaded from the ibiblio repo. Very few modifications on the current
> build are needed.

+1 to use a jar repository

+1 to use a Maven repository, so that users can reuse their local
    Maven-downloaded jars reducing bandwidth usage and download times

+1 to using Maven Wagon to download the artifacts

-1 to using any download mechanism different from Maven Wagon or
    pure http get

If we want to use the Maven repository system, it's better to stick with
the Maven implementation, that is supported. ATM it doesn't have an Ant
task anymore, but over at repository@apache.org I have understood that
they agreed to add it back.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -