cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Update to build system: location of blocks and gump
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:58:12 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> - Is there a possibility in gump to define the root directory for a
>>> block?
>>
>> http://gump.apache.org/metadata/project.html#home
>
> Yes, I read this and was puzzled as we define the build directory as the
> value for "nested".

Because in fact our artifacts, that are searched by Gump in the 'work'
dir, are in the 'build' dir that is nested, IOW found relative to the
project 'src' dir (what we would call 'base' dir).

>> http://gump.apache.org/metadata/builder.html#Generic+Builder
>> (basedir)
>>
> Hmm, currently this is not defined. Would it break gump builds if we set
> it (as the value then would be different from the default)?

Gump basically does a 'cd' on basedir before starting. If the build is
not made to handle this, yes, it would break. It should not happen if
every project had it's own build.xml. IMHO this is the correct solution.

Another solution is to pass a property to Ant in the <ant> tag in Gump.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -