cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Creation of a french-speaking users list
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:39:00 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:
> However I also see a problem in having additional "channels" in _any_ other
> language because it would essentially mean that people would probably only
> post to their native list (which again is understandable). But this would
> eventually reduce the common discussion on the main list.

I think that if a person knows English well enough, he would still post
in English, because he knows that on that list he will find more help
and developers. This is just about giving an extra chance to people that
would not participate in English, still to participate.

Moreover it's an experiment, nothing is set in stone, let's see how it
works out and then decide. Community refactoring :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -