cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <olivier.billard.coc...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [CLI] Problem with XSP compilation
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:51:21 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Olivier Billard wrote:
>
>> Hi Cocooners,
>>
>> First, I wish you a great year and may all your projects
>> (professionnal but also personal) be accomplished !
>>
>> Then, I would like to explain my pb.
>> I developped a small app that creates a cli.xconf file with all XSP of
>> a webapp. Then when I launch the Cocoon CLI, it stops without an error
>> or a warning, and no XSP is compiled.
>>
>> Here is a snippet of the xconf file, maybe something will shock you :
>>
>> <cocoon verbose="true"
>>         follow-links="false"
>>         precompile-only="true"
>>         confirm-extensions="false">
>

> <snip/>
>
>> Some time ago, a post suggested to put the servlet.jar in the
>> webapp/WEB-INF/lib, but no success with this tip.
>> I tried with the 20050110111331 snapshot and the 2.1.6 release...
>> Many many thanks in advance, 'cause I'm turning mad.
>

> I had a quick look at the CocoonBean and associated classes, and it
> turns out that precompile-only has been violently deleted when XSP was
> moved to its own block.
>
> Was it on purpose or just because of lazyness ? I can't remember a
> discussion about this, and the precompile-only is still available but
> silently ignored...

Thanks for your answer, Sylvain.
I temporarily went back to the precompile-specific code, to re-insert this code on a patched
version of the 2.1.6.
My Cocoon-core knowledge is not very good, and my time is more than counted, so I can't help
on this "re-integration", maybe
later, if someone more skilled doesn't have done it :).

Thanks again for the care !

--
Olivier