cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Use UGLI as logging abstraction (Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2)
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 11:10:05 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> If you prefer commons logging over it, please write a technical
>> motivation about it.
>
> As I already said: I don't see the point of this parameter stuff.

Then don't use the parameter stuff.

> IMO this only leads to mixing of concepts.

What concepts? Remember that python and Java 1.5 have this capability,
because it's useful... are they both so wrong?

> Some people will
> use the "{}" some won't. To be honest I would not feel very happy
> with UGLI since IMHO this interface is only half-backed. Sorry.

Half baked because it has "the parameter stuff"?

Remember that log4j uses that interface. Is log4j also half-baked?

> ...and I don't see point of getting rid of the Avalon Logger
> dependency and introducing the UGLI dependency instead. Only
> because we want to get rid of Avalon?

Yes.

> Is there any technical reason to switch from the Avalon Logger
> abstraction?

No.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -