cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:37:50 GMT

Keeping it simple... we all kinda want log4j but don't want to link
directly to the implementation... UGLI is the lightweight frontend that
gives us log4j with pluggability [1].

"
  Note that log4j version 1.3 and later support UGLI directly as log4j
  itself is implemented in terms of the UGLI interface.
"

Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> 1-UGLI: If Torsten comment related to the 2 parameter limit in UGLI is
> true, then UGLI is not a serious proposal.

That's not the goal of UGLI, just an extra feature.
Please read this [1] first, don't assume that what you read on this
thread is all there is to it.

Torsten Curdt wrote:
 >>>    logger.debug("User with {} entered wrong query string [{}].", id,
 >>> query);
 >>> "
 >>
 >> very pythonish. I like it :-)
 >
 > ...but only with jdk 1.5 :-/