cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:19:29 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Please have a look at the Torsten suggestions, looks good too:
>
> http://just4log.sourceforge.net
>
> +1 too.

I saw that too, but UGLI should not need that extra isLogEnabled stuff
in any case.

BTW, I love the way this makes one write log messages, it's what we have
in POI, and is very convenient.

Ceki wrote:
"
As noted in my previous message, UGLI also supports parameterized log
messages obliterating the need to surround log messages with
logger.isXXXEnabled checks.

Instead of writing:

    if(logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
      logger.debug("User with "+id+" entered wrong query string
["+query"]." );
    }

you can just write:

    logger.debug("User with {} entered wrong query string [{}].", id,
query);
"

             - verba volant, scripta manent -