cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POST XML to cocoon protocol
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:43:48 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:37:32 -0500, Irv Salisbury III <irv@dotech.com> wrote:

<snip/>

> <fancy-cinclude>
>    <variable name="userdata" call-pipeline="userdata-pipeline"/>
>    <variable name="securitydata" call-pipeline="security-pipeline"/>
>    <variable name="processed-data">
>        <call-pipeline>
>           <aggregate root="aggregate">
>              <use-variable name="userdata"/>
>              <use-variable name="security-data"/>
>           <aggregate>
>        </call-pipeline>
>    </variable>
>    <final-pipeline call-pipeline="final" variable="processed-data"/>
> </fancy-cinclude>
>
> Now, this would have been really slick for me.  Basically, you can call
> internal pipelines and store them in variables.  Then, those variables
> can be passed as input to other pipelines.  This makes shuffling XML
> around in this arena very slick.  I am not as up on flowscript as I
> should be, so maybe someone can show me how to do the above in
> flowscript.  (Or with existing components)

Already done: go back and look at the post I sent you this morning,
it's exactly the same pattern in flow script, (though I don't spell it
out for you, read variables for attributes and you should get the
idea)...

BTW, at one point there was some discussion on creating a BPEL to
flowscript XSLT.  No one's had a reason to do it yet, but there's more
than one way to skin this cat...

--
Peter Hunsberger