cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Escaping Sitemap Hell
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:20:13 GMT
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:59:41 -0600, Glen Ezkovich <glen@hard-bop.com> wrote:

> I'm just curious as to what type of information is contained your URLs
> that enables continuation and what the applications do first when a
> user continues.

It varies, but basically:

   location/screen.type?parameters

where parameters are request parameters that vary by screen and type
and qualify the instance of the screen.  We sometimes add a third
qualifier to type but it's not involved in session recovery that I
know of.

As mentioned earlier, this essentially maps to:

  package.object.method( parameters )

on the front end, but that's not 100%, flow script can mangle the
mapping completely in some cases and even in the generic case there's
a lookup substitution.

--
Peter Hunsberger