cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Escaping Sitemap Hell
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:43:14 GMT
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:28:06 -0500, Stefano Mazzocchi
<stefano@apache.org> wrote:

<snip/>

> > Forrest is doing it for docs... someone else can do it for apps :-)
>
> See? the problem is that you are partitioning the matching space with
> URL matchers... I strongly feel that most of the problems that Daniel
> (and you) are outlining will just go away if you used non-URL matchers.

Although I agree that 90% of the problem seems to be a matcher issue
I've got to ask; what would the matchers be matching on if it's not a
URL?  I have a couple answers, but I'd like other opinions...

It seems to me that Daniel might be coming at this from a mostly
application POV.  If so, for such cases, I think you can't _always_ be
quite as dogmatic about how a URL is structured; for many apps there's
little to no exectation of long term URI persistance/repeatability.

--
Peter Hunsberger

(Won't be able to respond untili Wed.)