cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Escaping Sitemap Hell - side note
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:51:18 GMT
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:29:14 +0100, H.vanderLinden@mi.unimaas.nl
<H.vanderLinden@mi.unimaas.nl> wrote:
> Daniel,

<snip/>

> In short, the ideas of cool URLs is great, but the implementation domain
> might require otherwise.

I'm going to try and find time to respond to Daniel in more detail,
but I think the most important thing to distinguish here is the
difference between resource publishing and browser based applications.

"Cool URLs" make sense for resources that are "published"; ie, the
equivalent of being able to look up a book by it's ISBN.  I don't
think anyone would suggest you publish (publicly, but that's implied)
the instructions on how to obtain the keys needed to get into the
doctors office and the file drawers containing your medical
information...

--
Peter Hunsberger