cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:56:54 GMT
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:21:01 -0600 (CST), Antonio Gallardo
<agallardo@agssa.net> wrote:
> On Mie, 5 de Enero de 2005, 14:14, Peter Hunsberger dijo:
> > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:06:14 +0100, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> > <snip>other loggers</snip>

> >> Well, I doubt I have to give a -1 with
> >> the given facts... :-P
> >
> > What's to stop everyone from continuing to just construct the Strings
> > like they do today and not use the UGLI parameter substitution?  Isn't
> > the fact that it can do substitution on up to two parameters just the
> > equivalent of some extra convenience methods?  Or is there something
> > else I missed?
>
> Because UGLI allows only 2 parameters substitutions (you cannot substitute
> 3 parameters). And this is not a big deal.

I think that's my point?  If you want to sub in three things do it as
normal String building and ignore the parameters substitution.  Or use
2 parameters and one Java variable directly in the String...   Nothing
has gone away with UGLI, you just get some extra methods you can
ignore if you want?

--
Peter Hunsberger