cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Cocoon documentation system
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:01:43 GMT
On 17 Jan 2005, at 20:36, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Look at http://apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon/2.2/1.html. The
>> navigational structure is hierarchically organzied but not the files
>> (only 1.html, 2.html and 17.html are working). I don't see the value
>> of having the hierarchies in the URL.
>
> no, but I somehow agree with Sylvain that it looks somewhat, hmmm,
> wiki-like to have those numbers... for example, Daisy does this and my
> understanding is that that people complained about.
>
> Steven, can you give us some feedback on how things went over at Daisy
> with the flat numeric URL space?

Well, we have a two-headed approach ATM, since we support both types of
URIs. Numeric IDs are managed by the repository, while the "pretty"
URIs are managed by the navigation tree (i.e. by the user/editor).

I must honestly say that the remarks I found in this thread remind me a
lot about the decisions we made for Daisy. We are using a different
storage layer, but other than that I think we address a lot of the
listed "requirements".

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org