cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Lundquist" ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject RE: context: protocol not available?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:44:03 GMT

Hi Lars & everyone,

> From: Lars Huttar [mailto:lars_huttar@sil.org]
>
> Mark Lundquist wrote (on users@cocoon.apache.org):
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some stylesheets containing:
> >
> >     <xsl:import href="context:/path/to/something.xslt" />
> >
> > In 2.1.6, this causes:
> >
> >     java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: context
> >         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:544)
> >         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
> >         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
> >
> > It worked fine in 2.1.5!  Any idea what's going on?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >

> I don't know why it worked in 2.1.5, but I do know that "context:" is a
> pseudoprotocol understood only by Cocoon. In particular it isn't
> understood by an XSLT processor (unless Xalan can somehow get help from
> Cocoon's URI resolver?)

Yes, this absolutely is supposed to work! :-)

org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl implements
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory, which provides the setURIResolver()
method.

And we want that to be... uh, o.a.c.components.CocoonComponentManager?  Or
whatever Cocoon's SourceResolver is.  Excalibur actually wires it up, I
guess.

Cocoon 2.1.6 uses the same Excalibur release as 2.1.5...

I'm so confuzzled...

~ml