cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Lundquist" ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject RE: context: protocol not available?
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:02:43 GMT

> From: Mark Lundquist [mailto:ml@wrinkledog.com]
>
> [..snip..]
>
> Yes, this absolutely is supposed to work! :-)
>
> org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl implements
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory, which provides the
> setURIResolver()
> method.
>
> And we want that to be... uh, o.a.c.components.CocoonComponentManager?  Or
> whatever Cocoon's SourceResolver is.  Excalibur actually wires it up, I
> guess.
>
> Cocoon 2.1.6 uses the same Excalibur release as 2.1.5...
>
> I'm so confuzzled...

OK, so I was faked out by some delegation... but in the end it looks like it
turns out to be the straight-up Excalibur resolver
(oa.excalibur.source.impl.SourceResolverImpl, specified in cocoon.roles),
and that implements the SourceFactory scheme Cocoon uses for extending the
protocol space.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Anyway, I haven't figured out why it no work in 2.1.6... :-(  Apparently,
somehow this resolver isn't getting passed to
oa.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.setURIResolver().

:-(

~ml