cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Mail block and javax.activation
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:52:25 GMT
Hi,

I have flowscript that depends on a POJO that uses Javamail
(javax.mail), and I'm getting a NoClassDefFoundError on
javax.activation.DataSource from the javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage
constructor.

I'm puzzled, because the SendMailTransformer works just fine.  One of
the mail block classes, MailMessageSender, even imports classes from
javax.activation, so it couldn't have even compiled w/o those classes
on the classpath.  But I can't find 'em anywhere in Cocoon/lib or
anyplace else I thought would be on the classpath for the Cocoon build.

I downloaded activation.jar from Sun's JAF site, and now it works just
fine... but I'm not happy, because I don't understand what is going on
:-/.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks a lot,
—ml—