cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Creation of a french-speaking users list
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:30:05 GMT
Sylvain Wallez said:

> Therefore, I would like to create a new mailing list,
> users-fr@cocoon.apache.org and a few pages in french on the website.
> Those pages will be a translation of the introductory pages of our site,
> and pointers to the mailing list and its archives. I do not plan to
> provide a full translation of the website (lot of tedious work for
> translating and syncing).
>
> Bertrand already offered to moderate this list, and I of course also
> volunteer for this.
>
> Please cast your votes.
>
> Here's my +1.

I have mixed feelings.

Ideally the web site should be internationalized. It's kind of interesting
that it isn't.  I'd rather see that than a few pages in French, but if
that's the best we can do so be it.

As far as the list goes, I'm generally OK with it but it makes me wonder
what happens when someone wants a list in German, Italian, Spanish,
Klingon, or whatever.  It would be a lot nicer if there was one list and
when you subscribed and specified you spoke French it translated it for
you (and back on replies as well).  Sigh - well, I can dream.

Ralph