cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Maukisch <coc...@maukisch.net>
Subject Re: Portal Tools plugin links
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:14:42 GMT
Hi Ralph,

> I am running Cocoon on my Linux box and am trying to access the portal
> tools plugins from my Windows box.  This does not work because the links
> are hardcoded to localhost.  I tried changing it to a relative path but
> it failed miserably.  This needs to be changed to behave like the rest
> of the portal.

Yes, thats a known problem. We used the global var in the sitemap to
set the base-tag in the head of the portal-page.xsl inside the tools,
so that we could access the images used in the skins could be accessed
without problems (I don't like links like ../../../../foo.gif :-))
Nomally you just have to set it one time to the ip/domain of your box
if you don't move the portal from one position to another every day.

If you have a better/more elgeant/easier souloution please let me
know.

--
* best regards
* Jens Maukisch