cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] ECM++ is dead, long live CCSM
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:58:31 GMT
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:42:57 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
> Mark Lundquist wrote:

Avalon's ComponentManager?

> Hey, read carefully, this is *Service* Manager. If you put a Composable
> component in Cocoon 2.2, you will get a nice exception saying that
> Composable and ComponentManager are no more supported...

So? We're talking components anyway... I don't think that an interface
being deprecated years ago should forbid us from using a name that has
a broad yet specific meaning in software development as a whole. Or is
there a distinction I'm not aware of between components and services
(besides avalonish stuff)?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino