cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in 2.2
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:43:42 GMT
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 12:45:27 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler
<cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:

> In the past we had several arguments about why logkit is better and so
> on but I think most of these arguments are not valid any more.

Well, AFAIU a big one still stands true: security. I really hate the
idea that other code can write to my channel just by doing a
Logger.getLoggerFor(). But hey, that's life... all in all syslogd has
been around for quite some time and works exactly that way, so let's
move on. I tend to back the UGLI logging interface ATM... but I just
love Torsten's just4log suggestion as well. Yeah, something I'm still
missing is the good old -DDEBUG switch...

--
Gianugo Rabellino