cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: Blocks, Flow and Dependencies [was RE: Splitting xconf files step 2: the sitemap]
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:53:44 GMT

On Jan 10, 2005, at 7:24 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> So it seems, flow replaces components? If createNewAccount() gathers
>> sends pages, collects information, creates an Account, etc. then why
>> not just use cocoon.sendPageAndWait?
>
> because this is done in the called block, not by the callee.

Yes, and when sendPageAndWait returns the calling blocks flow continues
with a new account accessible from the session. Maybe we need a new
method such as callFunction.

<snip/>

>> Seems like you want a round peg in a square hole. Just invoke the
>> function by loading its file and this problem goes away.
>>>

>>> If Javascript supported namespaces, I would agree with you.

Then the thing to do might be to designate certain javascript files as
public and others as private in the block's configuration file.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com
http://www.hard-bop.com