cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject NPE with global input module
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:27:46 GMT
Dear Cocooners,

today, after having upgraded our Cocoon build to the latest revision
from trunk, we started getting NPEs from a project that had worked
perfectly until then. Turns out the NPE was caused in a  subsitemap
while trying to use the global input module to reference the value of a
global variable that was defined in the same subsitemap.

I started looking for differences between our app and the Cocoon
samples, where the global input module seems to work fine, and I
concluded that the only difference was the the samples' top sitemap had

<map:component-configurations>
   <global-variables/>
<map:component-configurations>

section, whereas our toplevel sitemap did not. So I added an empty
<global-variables> element to ours too and the NPE went away!

So, apparently, you MUST put a <global-variables> element in the
toplevel sitemap in order to declare global variables in a subsitemap.
Is this a bug or is this intended behaviour?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://agylen.com/blojsom/blog/